THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

On a Sunday.

I still am kicking myself for not bringing my camera on my walk up to addison rd on sunday. I should permantly attach it to a fancy necklace or something. It could make a nice pendant. It is a nice shiny pink. Anyway, Marrickville Organic food markets came as a wee surprise to me as I set out to devour the resources of Marrickville Reverse Garbage depot, which, by the way is fantastic for any sort of bowerbirds, artists, thrifters, crafters etc. The depot is a not - for - profit community run business so the basic idea is to cut down waste. You grab a bag, fill it with anything from material scraps to glass bottles and then just pay a small amount based on how full your bag is. For example, my booty included a gold bow brooch, some small brown glass jars, a crystal castles poster and a purple belt. The price? $2. Love it. The markets were definatley the highlight. Organic food at teeny tiny prices, a chai tea stall complete with round pillows to perch on and a swathe of shiny vintagey clothing as well as books, records and pre loved furnature with the old and wise smell. Also on the addison rd site is a small art gallery housing creations made from recycled items and a co -op full of all kinds of second hand items (i actually found the VHS of the rescuers for 50c which I did not buy and am now regretting wholeheartedly. sigh.) due to a lack of photos I took a picture (a terrible one, I know) of some flowers I purchased at the market at 3 for $5. I was sick of the lack of flora in the apartment. yay for colour and slight scent.
What: Marrickville Organic Food Markets/the Co-op/Reverse Garbage
When: Markets - Sundays 9am - 2pm, Co -op/Reverse Garbage - everyday
Where: Addison Rd Marickville

0 comments: