THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Rice Wine vs Holly

So I was drinking this rice wine when I was in Vietnam thinking it was normal.
Turns out it is actually cooking wine.
Thank you Marrickville Grocer for informing me that my liver is dead.





Cue- irrelevant anecdote about rice wine:
In the freezing Vietnamese mountains there is a town called Sapa.
A seven kilometer walk out of Sapa takes you to a village with an equally as cool name but; an eighth of the population, double the amount of dogs, triple the amount of chickens and no real roads.

This village is where rice wine punched me in the stomach.

After dinner in the village our host brought out some home brewed rice wine. After a glass that I gladly accepted my stomach began to feel a little, shall we say- erratic
It was at this point I began to question the nature of the strange liquid that was keeping my freezing body oh so warm- yet- erm- my mouth slightly numb. Despite the shit load of wine I drink I haven’t experienced much diversity out side of the “juice box” range, and even though I am not likely to be able to detect the “delicate oak vanilla red” from crushed grapes I do believe that I can pick when there is something funky going on in a bottle of wine. Funk should not be in wine bottles.
Note to self: there isn’t supposed to be suspicious specs of brown organic matter in “rice wine” and “wine” isn’t supposed to be coming out of a Pepsi bottle- and why isn’t the guy who brewed the “wine” drinking it. Hmmm
Fuck

Anyway- to cut a long story short. I am very poor at cards. Was made to consume too many shots of “rice wine” for my poor form at blackjack and subsequently had a riot squirming around in “my bed” with the worst stomach pains known to man.

And the moral of the story is one of the following:
a) Don’t drink rice wine
b) Go to Vietnam
c) 65% of the human body is made out of water. Woah!

0 comments: