THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Primary Colours- The Horrors

I’m not even going to try to “review” this album as such, rather, I’ll just tell you to GET OFF YOUR LAZY ASSES AND GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS RECORD.

I was thinking, and I’m sure many others were too, what would The Horrors do next? Neatly shelved as another novelty scenester band with all their fantastic gore, fuzz, organs, skinny legs and hair. Oh so much hair. Could this concept stretch another album? Would they try to do just that? Would they disappear into the abyss of bands that the NME threw in the scrap heap when they realized that Noel Fielding didn’t dig them anymore?

Thankfully Faris Rotter, Spider Webb, Coffin Joe, Tomethy Furse and Joshua Third did none of the above. With Webb and Furse swapping synth and bass duties The Horrors have managed to craft themselves a knew completely sound with out losing what made me fall in love with the first album.

If you would like a neatly packaged box to put them in, here it is:
The old horrors + new order + 90’s shoe gaze then listen to them through a kaleidoscope and you will have something along the lines of “Primary Colours”.

I have not been so pleasantly surprised since I found out that... Well I can’t remember, which either means I have a rather depressing life or that this is a brilliant album. I’ll leave that for you to decide.

My Favourites:
Mirror’s Image
Who Can Say
Scarlet Fields
Sea Within A Sea

0 comments: